Board Trustee for Schreiber/Terrace Bay Ward
Accepting Applications for Vacancy
Board of Trustees Vacancy for the Schreiber/Terrace Bay Ward
Superior-Greenstone District School Board is looking for someone with strategic vision, a passion for education and knowledge of good governance to join our dynamic team of Trustees. We are inviting applicants for the appointment of a Public School Board Trustee for a vacancy on our Board of Trustees Schreiber/Terrace Bay Ward. Applications are welcome from all accross the district and preference may be given to applicants from that ward.
Term of Appointment: April 2018 through November 30, 2018
As per the Education Act, an applicant shall be a person:
- qualified to vote for members of Superior-Greenstone DSB;
- who is a resident in Superior-Greenstone DSB area of jurisdiction;
- who is not an employee of the Superior-Greenstone DSB;
- who does not hold the office of clerk, or treasurer, or deputy clerk, or deputy treasurer within any area of the Superior-Greenstone DSB jurisdiction;
- who is not a member of council or an elected member of a local board as defined in the Municipal Affairs Act;
- who is not convicted of indictable offences.
Please submit a cover letter that includes:
- the reason(s) for your interest in being a Trustee for the Board;
- an outline of the attributes and/or experience you possess which you consider beneficial to holding a seat as a School Board Trustee.
Deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 13, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
For additional information, please click on the document link below;
Applicants may apply by e-mail to sgdsb%23on%23ca|dtamblyn
Or by mail to:
Director of Education David Tamblyn
Superior-Greenstone District School Board
12 Hemlo Drive, P.O. Bag 'A'
Marathon, Ontario P0T 2E0
If you require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the Director at 807-229-0436 ext 232.