Indigenous Education Advisory Committee (IEAC)
Superior-Greenstone DSB recognizes the importance of co-operation and communication between Indigenous partners and is committed to the implementation of the Ontario First Nation, Metis, and Inuit Education Policy Framework. Within this framework are key strategies including:
- Increase the capacity of SGDSB to respond to the learning and cultural needs of Indigenous students;
- Improve achievement among Indigenous students;
- Provide curriculum about contemporary and traditional Indigenous cultures, histories, and perspectives among all students, also contributing to awareness among school board staff, teachers, and elected trustees; and
- Facilitate increased participation by Indigenous parents, students, communities, and organizations in working to support student success.
- Director of Education;
- Indigenous students, parents;
- Community stakeholders;
- Indigenous community representation;
- Indigenous Education Lead; and
- Board staff aligned with Indigenous education
Meetings will be held at least 4 times per year.