School Locations - Feast and Feedback begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Nipigon-Red Rock District High School (Nipigon, Dorion, Red Rock)
- Terrace Bay Public School (Terrace Bay and Schreiber)
- Marathon High School
- Manitouwadge High School
- Geraldton Composite High School (Geraldton/Longlac/Nakina)
- Beardmore Public School
Registration for the school site Feast and Feedback sessions have now closed, however, you can still join the Video Conference session. Please see below for the time and connection link.
Video conference Session begins at 6:00 p.m.
Microsoft Teams meeting. Join on your computer, mobile app or room device.
Meeting ID: 210 863 380 474
Or call in (audio only)
Canada, Thunder Bay
Phone Conference ID: 440 588 832#
- Support, encourage, and enhance meaningful parent engagement at the board level to improve student achievement and well being;
- Provide information and advice to the board on parent engagement;
- Communicate with and support school councils;
- Undertake activities to help parents support their children’s learning at home and at school.
The Parent Engagement Committee is interested in learning more from parents about what parent’s hopes are for their children. Education is changing as the world grows increasingly complex and technical and the SGDSB is staying current by reimagining education. Gone are the days were the purpose of school was to simply teach the same set of skills that would be repeated over and over again, such as those needed to work in a factory. Today, students need to develop the competencies needed to collaborate, to think critically, to communicate, and to have the character to be positive citizens in this world…as most of the jobs of today are not like those of the past!
We are wondering what parents think about:
- In what ways can we enhance communication between parents, teachers, and the school board to ensure you are well-informed and engaged in your child's education?
- Are there any particular concerns or challenges that you or your child have faced within the school system? How can we address these issues effectively?
- Do you have any thoughts on how we can encourage more parental involvement and participation in school-related activities and decision-making processes?
- Are there any resources or support services you believe are currently lacking in our schools that could benefit students and families?
- What initiatives or changes would you like to see to ensure that our schools are preparing students for success in a rapidly changing world?
- Are there areas where you feel our school system could improve? If so, what specific changes or enhancements would you suggest?
- Is the school system preparing your child for this complex world? What can we do better?
- What are some of the positive experiences that you have had with your child’s teachers and communication?